Exergaming Points to Ponder (ExP2P)
- I know whenever I run on a virtual trail (treadmill screen) or when using BitGym's Virtual Active I tend to jump over logs and lean from side to side according to the video. I'm wondering what I might do if I'm flying/skydiving while running using Race Yourself. How much of the HUD (heads-up display) and video will you eyes and brain be able to process plus watch out for real world objects.
- I'm a big believer that the heart doesn't really care what type of activity it does (for the most part) and there's no difference if you're running outdoors or running outdoors with some game elements and extra visual data and feedback. It might even be more immersive than traditional #VR because you have to process both real and virtual visual stimuli.
- I cannot wait to try this app to see how real the zombies seem and to train with your past performances (or training partner).
- How comfortable are they to wear on runs given the Glass seems to be weigh slightly more on one side (right side with HUD) and will the runner notice this imbalance.
- Will heart-rate monitoring or accelerometer data be available through an API or wrist worn #wearabletech like FitBit, Basis, Nike +, Polar, etc...
Click through after the jump to see more photos of Race Yourself