So proud to announce Pooya's PhD Defense of his exergame research using the MS Kinect swimming game.
You'll do awesome.
live at www.fade.up.pt/live, on , I will defend my PhD thesis entitled "Virtual Swimming: A psycho-biophysical evaluation of an active video game". You can watch the event
During the session, I will explore the use of video games in physical education and sport, and I will critically evaluate a swimming video game from different aspects to show how players play (and cheat), and how these games can be used as gateways to real sports.
- Sport video games for physical education and sport.
- A biomechanical characterization of sport exergames: The role of game experience, gender, and knowledge of real sports.
- Using muscle activation for characterizing sport exergames: Possibilities, challenges, and issues.
- Sport exergames to substitute real sports: A physiological approach.
- Sport exergames to encourage real sports and physical activity: A psychological approach.
Auditorium of Faculty of Sport
Rua Dr. Plácido Costa, 91 Porto, Portugal
Watch live at www.fade.up.pt/live
I would also appreciate if you kindly spread the word to the interested individuals.
Thank you very much.
Pooya Soltani, MSc
PhD candidate of Sport Science
Faculty of Sport l Porto Biomechanics Laboratory l University of Porto
Rua Dr. Plácido Costa, 91, 4200-450 Porto, Portugal.
Click here to read more of ExerGame Lab's archived posts involving research studies.